1th TRANSNATIONAL MEETING
“Erasmus+“ KA2 project “Interactive Use of Technology for Adult Education“ (INTERACTE)
Meeting Date and Venue: 9-13th of December, Lithuania, Vilnius
Partners have participated to the meeting with the following representatives:
|PARTICIPANTS TO THE 1TH TRANSNATIONAL MEETING OF INTERACTE|
|Ustanova za obrazovanje odraslih Dante||Patrizia Pitacco
|CEPA San Ildefonso – La Granja||Clara Ramos|
Francisco Javier Santa-Isabel
|Stephansstift Zentrum für Erwachsenenbildung||Ronja Kummer|
Johann Theessen 3)Jürgen Hosang
|Mimir – Lifelong learning centre||Irma Matchavariani|
Anney Thorvaldsdottir 3)Sigridur Jonsdottir
|International Language School||Marco Ciminiera|
Anna Paola Caccavo
|Bite AEC||Kristina Martinaviciute|
The first transnational meeting of the Project INTERACTE was held on December 9-13, 2019, hosted by Bite AEC in Vilnius, Lithuania.
During this project meeting Bite AEC organized a 5 day workshop on the subject “Using of ICT at Bite AEC: practical examples of implementing distance learning, teaching foreign languages and working with migrants“. The meeting took place 5 working days (9-13 of December) and 2 travel days (8th and 14th of December).
Since it was the first Project meeting, on the first day of the meeting (9th of December), a lot of attention was paid to getting to know the partners and their organizations, expressing expectations and so on.
On the first day, the following activities were organized at Bite AEC:
1) all partners presented their institutions and told what activities they are implementing;
2) project coordinator (Iceland) summarized the project objectives and tasks throughout the project implementation period;
3) Bite AEC deputy director Mindaugas Geryba told about the use of Information Technology in administering the education process in adult Education: electronic diary, security, students‘register, etc;
4) Bite AEC director direktorė Inga Jagelavičiūtė introduced some ICT platforms and tools, which Bite AEC is using:
a) adult learning information system SMISS (https://www.smis.lt/#wrapper);
b) competence self-assesment tool, developed in Erasmus+ Project http://www.learntolearn.eu/.
The first day of the project meeting ended with a short reflection of the activities of all participants, during which each participant tried to answer the question of what they learned today and how they felt at the end of the day.
The second day of this Project meeting (10th of December) was mainly dedicated to the presentation of Moodle (distance learning platform) at Bite SMC and the practical workshop with the Moodle distance learning platform: Bite AEC teacher Eglė Stankevičienė at the beginning gave a theoretical presentation and then presented practically different Moodle opportunities. Everyone had the opportunity to try out some of Moodle’s capabilities in practice.
At the second part of the day a teacher of biology Rasa Pilkienė organized a practical seminar “Practical ICT methods in Adult Education“, during which the project partners were trained how to create and use the Quizlet in teaching. (https://quizlet.com/) The teacher demonstrated some practical ways of using a Quizlet in everyday teaching process. At the end of this workshop everyone evaluated those activities using “Spider web“ method.
After a full day of activities, all partners were invited to briefly say what they liked and found useful in today’s activities.
The third day of the project meeting (11th of December) the educational excursion to the Vilnius University Scientific Communication and Information Center was organized, here Project partners participated in a tour about newest ICT technologies in VU library. After this educational excursion, project partners visited the Museum of Modern Art MO in the Vilnius old town.
The fourth day of the meeting (12th of December) project partners were introduced how teachers at Bite AECs are teaching migants: what practical apps are used at Bite AEC to help migrants learn foreign languages as effectively as possible.
English language teacher Indrė Adomaitienė and IT/mathematics teacher Rasa Dauguvietytė organized a practical workshop for all participants: “Use of language teaching software and apps when teaching migrants“. During this workshop the participants learned to use those programs and apps:
1) Flippity (https://new.flippity.net/);
2) Learning Apps (https://learningapps.org/);
3) Socrative (https://socrative.com/);
4) Kahoot (https://kahoot.com/);
5) Padlet (https://padlet.com/)
This day of the meeting was concluded by summarizing what new/interesting things were learned by the partners nd what they could use in their work. The meeting day was ended with the delivery of the quality evaluation questionnaires.
On Thursday evening all partners had dinner together and shared their experiences of learning new things, getting to know each other and Vilnius.
On the fifth day of the meeting (13th of December), a coordinators’ meeting was held. After this meeting a an Excursion to the Vilnius old town was organized for all the partners.
During the coordinators’ meeting, decisions were made on various project activities, dates of the meeting, and so on:
- It was decided that the project logo and project website are created by Bite AEC. It is foreseen that the project logo and project website (platform) will be created till the 01th of February 2020. And after 1th of February (2020), the project website will be filled with various project materials.
- Till the next project meeting (1th of March 2020), Bite AEC will write and send Europass documents for all project partners.
- The dates for some of the next meetings were agreed. Due to the various plans of the partners and the possibility of organizing seminars in their own countries, it was decided that that some meetings should be interchanged between the hosted countries.
Thus, some meetings will take place at different times than those foreseen in the application. However, changes to the intended meeting dates were intended to avoid undermining the project activities and project results.
After the meeting in Lithuania, the project coordinator (Iceland) will send a new activity plan (due to changes in meeting places/dates) to all the partners.
- The Croatia (who will host the next meeting) will send the meeting program and all relevant information about the meeting in Croatia by the end of the January.
NEWLY SHEDULED DATES AND LOCATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
|Date of the meeting||Country|
|1-7 th of March, 2020.|
Working days: 2-6 of March.
Travel days: 1th and 7th of March, 2020.
|31th of May-6th of June, 2020.|
Working days: 1-5 of June.
Travel days: 31th of May and 6th of June, 2020.
|End of March, 2021|
|Final meeting: June, 2022|
- The partners got acquainted with the “Memorandum of understanding“, to be signed by the project coordinator and all project partners. Not all countries had an official representatives present at this meeting and could sign this Memorandum. Thus, it was decided that the countries that could not sign this Memorandum during the meeting in Lithuania would receive it from the project coordiantor (Iceland) and would have to sign it and send the signed and scanned document by e-mail back to the Coordinator (Iceland).
- Money for the Project management and implementation will be transfered after 3th of July 2020.
- For the next project meeting in Croatia, travel and subsistence money will be transferred before the meeting to each country according to project rates; travel expenses are based on the distance between the country of departure and the host country. The money for the accomodation (hotel) for all Project partners is transferred by the project coordinator (Iceland) to the host organization (Croatia). Then the host country (Croatia) will book hotel rooms for all project partners and pay for them.
- Certificates obtained after every project meeting are under the obligation of everyone to be kept and retained as they may be required at the end of the project upon submission of the project report or if the project is selected for a thorough financial control.
- Exceptional costs. Partners who receive exceptional costs must provide all necessary documentation after the meeting and they will get back 75% of the money paid.