The forth transnational meeting of the project INTERACTE (No.2019-1-IS01-KA204-0511-43) was held on June 19-25, 2022, hosted by INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE SCHOOL in Rome, Italy, Spain.During this project meeting INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE SCHOOL organized a 5 day workshop on the awareness of the support given by technologies to teaching; giving a hands-on positive learning experience using mobile learning. The meeting was attended by partners from Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Lithuania, Spain.
During the meeting in Italy, the host organization organized the following interesting and engaging meetings and activities:
- School Visit, Presentation of participants.
- The use of App in ILS – a workshop.
- “The digital school”. The Ministerial Plan for Digital Education in Italy.
- Workshop “Mind maps: a way to learn”.
- Workshop how to use different apps and to learn a language.
- Meeting with Dr. Barbara Antonucci, Università Roma 3, visit of the departments.
- Visit to Eataly.
- Workshop: The use of Apps in language learning with Nensi Bego.
- Girolamo Tessuto from “Federico II” University of Naples.
- Meeting of coordinators.
- Guided Tour – Fountains and fallen angels.
Aim of the workshops is Italy were:
- awareness of the support given by technologies to teaching; giving a hands-on positive learning experience using mobile learning;
- stimulate teachers and all people involved in the field of education to consider the potential of technology and mobile learning in particular and its use;
- identify the pedagogical values of ICT teaching.
The workshops were especially focused on the Language Apps for mobile devices that International Language School prepared for migrants target group. The tasks were designed primarily for groups of people who were leaving their countries to reach Italy after obtaining due to family reunification. Subsequently Italian team started using the tool as a support for Italian language courses especially for people in disadvantaged situation. This application was discussed in details (the application consists of 16 modules for learning Italian language: the content is for student with a level of language competence from Pre-A1 to A2 which is the level requested for long term visas. Each module explores the vocabulary of a single important topic among the basic needs of the target group: the grammar elements are not central in the activities; the focus is on words, expressions and real use of the language in familiar situations).
During the mobility participants covered different topics: the methodology behind the creation of the application, what are the advantages connected to the use of M-learning method, how to develop a didactic curriculum for a specific purposes course; the presentation of the different contents of a learning application; work group: how to create teaching material that include a Mobile Learning activity; best practices exchange of new technologies for education.
The Quided Tour (Fountains and fallen angels) was wonderful. International Language School organized the meeting in a very professional way; all partners were impressed by the workshops and cultural richness of the city of Rome.